March 16th, 2020
Dear respected brothers and sisters of the community,
It is with a heavy heart that the Islamic Society of Markham has decided to make the difficult decision to completely shut down the facilities of our masjid to all members of the community. From DATE, the masjid will unfortunately be entirely closed and no prayers will take place. This tough decision was made in regards to the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. David Williams’s strict appeal to the closure of all places of worship and faith settings. This is undoubtedly a trying time where we should all turn our focus towards remembrance and prayer of Allah Subhanahuwata’ala.
Here are ways you can help protect your families:
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Monitor for symptoms, like a fever and dry cough.
- Cough and sneeze into the bend of your arm, not in your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands.
- Stay up to date with all the latest information by visiting www.canada.ca/coronavirus
We are immensely grateful for the unyielding support and understanding of all our mussallihs and members of the community. We ask that you all remember the state of world in your prayer and may Allah make this tribulation pass quickly. May Allah make this a means of us growing closer to Him, stronger and united as a community.