ISM Markham Masjid is Temporarily Closed Till Further Notice
It is with heavy hearts and after much deliberation, that we have decided to close Islamic Society of Markham Masjid, till further notice. In the upcoming days, we will be doing a deep cleaning and sanitization of the premises. Covid-19 cases have been on the rise and it is for the community’s benefit that we all pray in the security of our houses. Stay safe. Stay home.
Markham Masjid's mission is to provide a uniform platform of expression for Islam, to develop educational, dawah and social services that translate the teachings of the Quran and the Sunnah into everyday living, and to enhance Islamic identity in the society.
Our Management is dedicated to the following Islamic goals and objectives which we believe will best serve the community's needs at present and in the future.
Goals, Objectives and Purposes
To be carried out in accordance with the Islamic Shariah and Hanafi School of Thought
- Help Muslims in the town of Markham carry out Islamic activities in pursuance of Islam as a complete way of life.
- Establish and manage Masajid, places of worship to pray to Almighty Allah in an Islamic way.
- Establish and manage centers and schools to provide Islamic religious education to children and adults i.e., Tahfiz-ul-Qur’an, Fiqh and other academic courses conforming to the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Provide facilities for marriages in accordance with Islamic laws and traditions
- Provide funeral, burial and cemetery facilities to Muslims
- Propagate and promote Islam and to publish Islamic books, literature and to maintain a library for these purposes
- Carry out religious and charitable acts including helping the needy families
- Strengthen fraternal bonds and brotherly relations among Muslims
- Further cooperation with and among Islamic organizations
- Print, publish, and promote the aims and objectives of Markham Masjid
- Initiates and devise effective programs and projects for the promotion of Islamic da’awa and dissemination of Islamic knowledge both among Muslims and non-Muslims
- Help the Muslim community with regard to children’s aid matters, shelter for distressed families and the elderly and provide counseling and other services
- Establish and/or co-ordinate with existing Bai-tul-Mals, Islamic financial facilities or institutions to accommodate Muslims financial needs from the Islamic point of view
- Organize, facilitate and/or conduct various programs and activities for the youth and community members
- Help revive the aamals of Masjid Nabawi in Markham Masjid established facilities
- Establish, facilitate and promote Daa’wa and Tabligh
Board of Directors
Islamic Society of Markham (ISM)
- Zaheeruddin Ansari
- Ehsanullah Ehsan
- Mansoor Aziz
- Zaheerudin Syed
- Fazal Mohammad
- Vazir Khan
- Qaiser Nasir
- Saqib Shaikh
- Ziauddin Ahmed
- Bilaluddin Syed
- Mohsin Masood
- Aslam Asmal
Masjid Darul Iman (MDI)
- Najmul H. Siddiqui (President)
- Basheer Nasir Ahmed (Secretary General)
- Faiz Mohyuddin (Treasurer)
- Mahmood Ahmed
- Atta Ansari
- Mohammad Shafique Malik
- Atif Khan
- Mirza Mushtaq Baig
Sports and Fitness
The gym caters to various sports activities i.e. Basketball, Badminton, Volleyball, Table-tennis and Soccer (football).
Kids and youth between the age of 6-18 years can take benefit from the drop-in time slots for free. Seniors can enjoy a morning walk after Fajr to 9 am.
Sisters have dedicated time slots where they can participate in sports activities and yoga session.
We offer Islamic education programs for the betterment of our community children.
For more information on the following programs, please visit the education page or contact the school office.
- Elementary School
- Madressah (Evenings Monday-Friday)
- Madressah (Mornings on Sundays)
- Hifz (Weekdays Monday-Friday)