- Only registered brothers and sisters will be allowed to participate in gym activities.
- Proper Islamic gym clothing must be worn.
- Proper footwear must be worn – no boots, sandals, street shoes or bare feet.
- No smoking anywhere on masjid premises.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the gym except water.
- No free mixing of opposite genders in audience or participants.
- The user/participants will pay for all damages for equipment, furniture or property if damages are clear result of the user/participants activity.
- ISM will not be held responsible for any type of personal injury or for the loss or theft of any articles belonging to the participant’s activity.
- All gym activities must stop 15 minutes to prayer time and will only be allowed to start 15 minutes after Fardh prayer has finished.
- ISM is responsible for making available the Gym facility strictly according to the Gym/Sports schedule.
- The Gym should be promptly vacated in order to make it available for the next activity on the Gym schedule.
- All equipment brought in and not belonging to ISM must be promptly removed at the end of the sports activity.
- Only Facilities/Areas specified will be used.
- All fees and sponsorship monies generated by the sports activities will be used by ISM to defray the cost of maintenance of facilities used.
- The user/participants shall strictly follow the instructions of in-charge in using sports facilities and within the guidelines of ISM.
- All garbage must be picked up and deposited in the garbage bins.
- All kids playing under the age of 18 must have adult supervision.
- Always be respectful and courteous of others.
- Maximum (advance) booking allowed is up to 3 months.
- ISM reserves the right to cancel/alter the registration/booking at any time. 24 hours cancellation notice will be provided for booked slots.
WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FOR SPORTS ACTIVITIES
By signing this form, I recognize that there are risks and hazards directly or inherently involved, making this a dangerous activity with the potential to cause any injury, loss of limb or life. With full knowledge of the facts and circumstances surrounding this activity, I accept and assume all risks, hazards and dangers involved in any such activities in which I choose to participate, including the training and preparation for and travel to and from the site of such activities. Therefore, I assure the Islamic Society of Markham and its respective officers, directors, agents, employees, umpires or referees and contractors that I have adequate health insurance necessary to pay for any medical costs that may directly or indirectly result from my participation in this activity and that I will indemnify and hold the previously mentioned institution and its representatives harmless.
I assure the Islamic Society of Markham, Canada (ISM) that there are no health-related reasons or problems that preclude or restrict my participation in this activity. To the extent permitted by law, I release Islamic Society of Markham and the Islamic Society of Markham staff from any liability whatsoever arising out of my participation in this activity, including but not limited to, any damage to my property or the property of others and injury to me or others, including loss of limb or life, resulting from my negligence or the negligence of others, or to others through my participation in this activity. The foregoing is submitted in consideration of Islamic Society of Markham allowing my participation in this activity. I execute this document with the full knowledge of the contents stated in the release.
I understand and agree that ISM and ISM staff, while taking all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of sports activities, participants will not be held liable by me in the event of any personal injury or accident caused to me while I am at any time participating the sports activities at ISM facilities.
FOR PARTICIPANTS AGE OF 18 OR OLDER
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE ISM AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT IT IS FULL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY AND WILL BE SIGNING IT WITH MY OWN FREE WILL, VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
FOR PARTICIPANTS UNDER AGE OF 18
THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT I, AS PARENT/GUARDIAN WITH LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS PARTICIPANT, DO CONSENT AND AGREE TO HIS/HER RELEASE AS PROVIDED ABOVE OF ALL THE RELEASEES, AND, FOR MYSELF, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNS, AND NEXT OF KIN, I RELEASE AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES INCIDENT TO MY MINOR CHILD’S INVOLVEMENT OR PARTICIPATION IN THESE PROGRAMS AS PROVIDED ABOVE.